The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) syllabus is a detailed outline of the content and topics that students in India are expected to learn in various subjects from classes 1 to 12. The CBSE syllabus is designed to ensure that students receive a balanced education that covers a range of subjects and skills.
The CBSE syllabus is such a list where a systematic summary list of all subjects from classes 1 to 12 is available. According to this list, students can start their learning process, and teachers can begin their teaching process.
It has a format of what the students should read and what will be coming in the exam. In almost all entrance examinations in the country, questions are asked according to the CBSE syllabus.
The syllabus for CBSE exams is updated periodically to reflect changes in educational standards and to incorporate new developments in different subjects. The latest CBSE syllabus is available on the official CBSE website (cbse.nic.in) and covers a wide range of subjects such as Mathematics, Science, Social Science, English, Hindi, and more.
The CBSE syllabus is divided into units and chapters, and it provides information on the learning objectives, key concepts, and assessments for each subject. Additionally, the syllabus also specifies the textbooks and reference books that students can use to prepare for exams.
It is important for students to be familiar with the CBSE syllabus for their respective classes to ensure they are learning the required topics and preparing for exams effectively. Students can obtain a copy of the syllabus from their respective schools or can visit the official CBSE website or download it from here on NcertGuru.
Table of Contents
New CBSE Syllabus 2023–2024 for All Classes
|Class:||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12|
|Updated on:||18 February 2023|
|Type of Syllabus:||CBSE Revised Syllabus 2023–2024|
Every year, CBSE releases courses for classes 1 to 12, ranging from general information to detailed information for students and teachers. Here we have made a detailed subject-wise list for the CBSE syllabus and curriculum for classes 1 to 12.
The Central Board of Secondary Education has changed the syllabus for Classes 9 to 12 for the academic session 2023– 2024, and as far as CBSE has stated, the syllabus has been reduced due to COVID-19.
New Released CBSE Syllabus 2023–2024
CBSE has reduced about 30 percent in all subjects from class 9 to 12 for the academic session 2023–2024. Due to this Covid-19 Pandemic, the committee of the Board and the Hon’ble Supreme Court have also approved the deduction of this CBSE syllabus. The syllabus of CBSE helps in reducing the burden of studies for students.
The new CBSE syllabus 2023–2024 is very beneficial for the children, and they will get help in this pandemic situation. In this new syllabus of CBSE 2023–2024, everything is given in detail, including the topic, chapter, and unit are given. Apart from this, the details of the units and chapters which have been removed are also there
You can download the new syllabus PDF of CBSE from our website here for free.
CBSE Curriculum2023–2024 for Class 9 and Class 10
- Class 9-10 Maths CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Science CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 English Communicative CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 English Lang. & Lit. CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Hindi [A] CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Hindi [B] CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Sanskrit CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Sanskrit Communicative CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Social Science (SST) CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Health and Physical Education CBSE Syllabus
- Class 9-10 Art Education CBSE Syllabus
CBSE Curriculum 2023–2024 for Class 11 and Class 12
- Maths Syllabus 2023–2024
- Applied Maths Syllabus 2023–2024
- Physics Syllabus 2023–2024
- Chemistry Syllabus 2023–2024
- Biology Syllabus 2023–2024
- Bio-Technology Syllabus 2023–2024
- Computer Science Syllabus 2023–2024
- English Core Syllabus 2023–2024
- English Elective Syllabus 2023–2024
- Hindi Core Syllabus 2023–2024
- Hindi Elective Syllabus 2023–2024
- Sanskrit Core Syllabus 2023–2024
- Sanskrit Elective Syllabus 2023–2024
- Geography Syllabus 2023–2024
- Accountancy Syllabus 2023–2024
- Business Studies Syllabus 2023–2024
- Economics Syllabus 2023–2024
- Political Science Syllabus 2023–2024
- Physical Education Syllabus 2023–2024
- Psychology Syllabus 2023–2024
- Sociology Syllabus 2023–2024
- Home Science Syllabus 2023–2024
- General Studies Syllabus 2023–2024
- Entrepreneurship Syllabus 2023–2024
- Informatics Practices Syllabus 2023–2024
- Legal Studies Syllabus 2023–2024
- NCC (National Cadet Corps) Syllabus 2023–2024
- Fine-Arts Syllabus 2023–2024
Class 1 to 12 CBSE Syllabus
We have given the format of the question paper appearing in the CBSE exam, which also shows the marks assigned to them from the exam point of view. That will help the students to concentrate on their studies, and the legislature will also be able to use its essential time properly.
Here we have summarized the CBSE syllabus for classes 1 to 12, and if you want, you can download the detailed pdf syllabus from the link given above. If you’re going to download NCERT books and solutions with the new syllabus of CBSE, you can do it for free.
We would suggest that all the students first read the CBSE curriculum for classes 1 to 12. If you see it before preparing for the exam, it will be easier for you to decide which subject you want to focus more on to get good marks out of your total marks.
The objective of the CBSE Syllabus/Curriculum
CBSE Board is one of the best education boards globally, not only in India, because it never binds you in any field or language. CBSE is a dynamic body where it changes its curriculum every year. CBSE takes care of its students and varies the syllabus according to their mental and physical condition. If you want to make new strategies for your exam and want to know about the new syllabus, keep scrolling through this page of NcertGuru.
Relatively significant changes in the syllabus are given below:
- Students should explore their inner potential and build self-confidence together.
- They have to learn to use technology and information for the good of humanity.
- They have to develop values and cultural education.
- They have to promote life skills, set their own goals, and acquire knowledge for lifelong learning.
- They will have to express their talent in front of people and appreciate others for their good work.
- The syllabus is reduced by 25–33%, although the entire chapter is not removed.
- The non-essential parts have been worked out, and the ideological positions have been enlarged out of the syllabus.
- A revised approach to make online classes the best source of study.
Changes on CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2023–2024
Due to the new education policy and the pandemic spread worldwide, CBSE decided to change the exam pattern of classes 10 and 12 of the board. This change will encourage creative and analytical thinking in children.
CBSE has added a new elective subject for the new academic session from 2020 – 2021 to 2023, while the following topics have not been changed:
- Business Studies
- English Core
Class 12 Biology – [Syllabus Changes]
A new term “Sacred Groves” has been added in Chapter – 15.
A new supplementary book has been prescribed; the book is titled ‘Biology Supplementary Material’.
Class 12 Chemistry – [Syllabus Changes]
- A new chapter added ‘Solid state’ in Unit – 1, and the sequence of units is also changed.
- The name of Unit – 13 ‘Organic compounds’ containing ‘nitrogen’ is changed to ‘Amines,’ and topics like ‘Cyanides and Isocyanides’ are removed from it.
- Topics added in Unit – 15: Polymers, Classification -synthetic and natural method and method of Polymerization.
The following practicals have been removed:
- Study of the presence of suspended particulate matter in the air at two widely different sites.
- Study of the effect of different temperatures on the activity of salivary amylase.
Now the total number of practicals will be 60.
Class 12 Physics – [Syllabus Changes]
No changes in the theory syllabus.
The practicals have been removed:
- To ascertain the wavelength of a laser beam by diffraction.
- To apprehend the principle of OR, AND, and NOT gates and to make their equivalent circuits utilizing a bell and cells or battery and key or switches.
The number of practicals increased to 6 from 5.
Class 12 Political Science – [Syllabus Changes]
New Chapters Added:
- New Centers of Power
- UN & organizations
- Planning & Development
- India’s Foreign Policy
- Parties and the party system in India
- Democratic Resurgence
- Social and New Social Movements in India
- Indian Politics: Trends & Developments
- US Hegemony in world politics
- Alternative centers of power
- International Organizations
- Recent developments in Indian politics
- Rise of popular movements
- Er of One-Party Dominance
- India’s external relations
- Challenges to the Congress system
- Crisis of the democratic order
Changes on CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2023–2024
Class 11 Physics – [Syllabus Changes]
No changes in the theory syllabus.
The number of practical experiments is reduced from 15 to 12.
Changes on CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2023–2024
Class 10 Science – [Syllabus Changes]
A new book was prescribed named ‘Assessment of Practical Skills.’
Class 10 Social Science – [Syllabus Changes]
Class 10 English – [Syllabus Changes]
- Points distribution of questions and some changes in adding and subtracting questions.
- An additional book, ‘Words and Expressions’ has been prescribed.
Class 10 Maths – [Syllabus Changes]
The CBSE Mathematics syllabus of class 10 has changed the marks distribution.
|VII||Statistics & Probability||11|